- CURRENTLY OUR 5:30 WORKOUTS ARE FULL
- WE WILL BE RUNNING OUR HOUR LONG TIME SLOTS OFFICIALLY BEGINNING THE WEEK OF JUNE 7
PLEASE CONTACT KATHY REGARDING JOINING
NORTHCOAST MASTERS swimmers hail from Cedar TO Leelanau TO East Port and a wide lasso around Grand Traverse County.
GOAL OF THE PROGRAM
Have fun! Meet new friends! Get a great aerobic workout!
- You don’t have to do all four strokes & you can leave early if you need to get to work.
- You never have to do anything that you are not comfortable with doing.
- We at Northcoast Y masters aim to encourage adults to swim and keep swimming.
WHAT IS UNITED STATES MASTERS SWIMMING?
The word “Masters ” just means you are 18 yrs old. Abilities vary from those having prior swimming experience to those newly learning strokes, flip turns, and more technical aspects. Swimmers are grouped by ability and experience for all workouts. There is a friendly, helpful, and competitive spirit at all workouts.
Read the article below, which has many myths answered about masters swimming:
USMS is a nationally recognized organization with over 65,000 members. Currently, we are under one team, Michigan Masters, and separated into workout groups (NCMS). You must be a registered member of USMS to participate in any competitions and any open water swimming that we do in the summer. visit usms.org for more info
How do I register? go to the registration link on this page. Choose MICH as your LMSC and choose NCMS, (Northcoast Masters Swimming) as your workout group.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF USMS TO SWIM WITH NORTHCOAST /YMCA MASTERS.
WHERE WE SWIM:Please go to the workout tab to view full schedule
WEST YMCA at Silver Lake Rd.
3700 Silver Lake Road
Traverse City, MI 49684
Central YMCA at the Civic
1231 Civic Center Drive
Traverse City, MI 49686
MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION /RATE
There is an extra fee for programming on top of your YMCA membership for our offering of 10 workouts per week.
- $22 per month, if you schedule monthly payments
- $27 per month if you pay ONE month at a time
ALL PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS NEED TO CONTACT KATHY BEFORE THEY CAN SWIM WITH MASTERS DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS
Want to try our masters swimming group? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 231-346-4969