ALL PROSPECTIVE MASTERS SWIMMERS MUST CONTACT KATHY PRIOR TO SIGNING UP FOR MASTERS DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
- WE CAN ONLY PUT 3 TO A LANE.. NOT OUR USUAL 5-6 AND WE MUST SPLIT SIDES
- CURRENLTY OUR 5:30 WORKOUTS ARE FULL
- WE ARE RUNNING WORKOUTS FOR 45 MIN SLOTS INSTEAD OF HOUR SLOTS TO MEET THE NEEDS OF MORE FOLKS!!
PLEASE CONTACT KATHY REGARDING JOINING
Formerly Grand Traverse Masters Swimming, we now swim at both the Grand Traverse Bay YMCA and the Central YMCA, (Civic Center) pools. Our swimmers hail from Cedar Leelanau to East Port and a wide lasso around Grand Traverse County.
GOAL OF THE PROGRAM
Have fun! Meet new friends! Get a great aerobic workout!
Most of what we hear is that masters swimming is intimidating….or I won’t be able to keep up or I don’t know all the strokes. This is far from the truth as we are a very diverse in terms of abilities.
- You don’t have to do all four strokes & you can leave early if you need to get to work.
- You never have to do anything that you are not comfortable with. I will challenge you within your talents and strive to help you improve.
- We at Northcoast Y masters aim to encourage adults to swim and keep swimming. Our goal is to improve a swimmer’s endurance, fitness, & technique.
WHAT IS UNITED STATES MASTERS SWIMMING?
The word “Masters ” just means you are 18 yrs old. Abilities vary from those having prior swimming experience to those newly learning strokes, flip turns, and more technical aspects. Swimmers are grouped by ability and experience for all workouts. There is a friendly, helpful, and competitive spirit at all workouts.
Read the article below, which has many myths answered about masters swimming:
USMS is a nationally recognized organization with over 65,000 members. Currently, we are under one team, Michigan Masters, and separated into workout groups (NCMS). You must be a registered member of USMS to participate in any competitions and any open water swimming that we do in the summer. visit usms.org for more info
How do I register? go to the registration link on this page. Choose MICH as your LMSC and choose NCMS, (Northcoast Masters Swimming) as your workout group.
WHERE WE SWIM:Please go to the workout tab to view full schedule
WEST YMCA at Silver Lake Rd.
3700 Silver Lake Road
Traverse City, MI 49684
Central YMCA at the Civic
1231 Civic Center Drive
Traverse City, MI 49686
MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION /RATE
There is an extra fee for programming on top of your YMCA membership for our offering of 10 workouts per week.
- $22 per month, if you schedule monthly payments
- $27 per month if you pay ONE month at a time
ALL PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS NEED TO CONTACT KATHY BEFORE THEY CAN SWIM WITH MASTERS DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS
Want to try our masters swimming group? Contact email@example.com or call 231-346-4969